Special thanks to Kistler Tiffany Benefits for sponsoring our Healthy Morning Area for the 2017 BCA Breakfast series and making our year healthy! "Breakfast in the Evening" is your last chance this year to be a part of and Kistler Tiffany Benefits is helping us end 2017 with a bang!
With Thanksgiving, "Breakfast in the Evening," and the holiday season quickly approaching, Kistler Tiffany Benefits wants to prepare you with some tips for staying healthy during the holidays!
For Holiday Parties:
- Do not leave the house on an empty stomach—it encourages overeating.
- Avoid standing near the food table at parties, since it’s a sure-fire way to overindulge.
- Make socializing your top priority; conversation will keep you occupied and away from the food.
- Limit your drinking because alcohol can increase hunger and lower your willpower.
- Provide a low-calorie alternative. For example, if you have volunteered to bring a dessert, bring fruit drizzled with chocolate instead of a cheesecake.
- Listen to your stomach. Reduce your portion sizes and stop eating when you feel satisfied rather than stuffed.
Cooking and Baking:
- Chew a piece of sugar-free gum or sip tea to reduce your urge to sample while you cook.
- Prepare foods on a full stomach. You will not be as tempted to taste what you are making if you are full.
Cocktails and Beverages:
- Pace yourself by drinking water or seltzer between alcoholic drinks. The more alcohol you drink, the more your temptation to snack increases.
- Try ice water with lemon or non-caffeinated soft drinks.
- Consume mixed drinks with diet soda, club soda or tonic when possible.
Be sure to be on the lookout for great new ideas on ways to stay healthy courtesy Kistler Tiffany Benefits at the BCA Breakfasts in 2018!