We are excited to announce that Taryn Southern, Award-Winning Digital Producer, Storyteller, & Technologist, has joined the BCA 2023 Speaker Series! Taryn will be our special guest speaker on July 28th.
- Taryn Southern is a pioneering digital and VR content creator known for her work at the intersection of emerging technology and human potential.
- She has garnered more than 750 million views on YouTube and has been featured in Vanity Fair, Fast Company, Wired, TechCrunch, Business Insider, and more.
- Taryn is an award-winning filmmaker whose debut film on the future of the brain, I AM HUMAN, premiered at the 2019 Tribeca Film Festival.
- She released the world’s first AI pop album, I AM AI, which also hit the Top 100 US Radio Charts.
- As a biohacker turned stage 3 cancer survivor, Taryn is passionate about technology and wellbeing.
Taryn Southern is an award-winning artist and filmmaker known for her work at the intersection of emerging technology and human potential. Her work includes co-directing and producing an award-winning documentary on the future of the brain (Official Selection in the 2019 Tribeca Film Festival), composing the world’s first AI album (Top 100 US Radio Charts), producing an award-winning Google VR series (Winner of the AT&T Film Award), and releasing the first Ethereum-based song token. A three-time Streamy Awards nominee, Taryn’s work has been featured in Vanity Fair, Billboard, Fast Company, Wired, Forbes, Psychology Today, Harvard Business Review and more.
A pioneering YouTuber, Taryn uploaded her first viral video to YouTube in 2007. Ten years and 750 million views later, Taryn had written, produced, or starred in more than 1500 pieces of digital content. During that time, she has created series for networks like Conde Naste, The Today Show, MTV, Snapchat, and Maker Studios, written for Business Insider and TechCrunch, served as a host for Discovery Channel’s #1 late night show, and signed a development deal with National Geographic Network.
Since that time, Taryn has designed dozens of media initiatives to help science and technology companies spark consumer conversation, inspire investment interest, and shift public perception. From biotech to blockchain, she’s advised and/or invested in companies like Vessel, HTC Vive, Extend Fertility, Invitae Genetics, Forever Labs, Tubular, Snapchat, and Marriott, and sits on the board of the National Academy of Medicine Longevity Challenge. A passionate advocate of women in tech, she is currently developing several projects in the science and emerging technology spaces.