Thanks so much to Scott Payne, Scott Payne Custom Pools, for hosting a great Roundtable and working so hard to allow us to see your new building. It will be fantastic when it’s finished and we hope to get invited back for its unveiling! A lot of great discussion about what takes up our time and how best to manage it. Some take-a-ways:
- Don’t let emails command your day
- Don’t be too hard on yourself. It may take time to get where you want to go.
- Hire people better than you and loosen up the controls
- Make tough decisions quicker
- Figure out where you want to be and work backwards
- Outsource when you can
A couple of books mentioned were:
The One Thing by Gary Keller Multipliers; How the Best Leaders Make Everyone Smarter by Liz Wiseman
It was also great to hear about the one thing you do that most of us don’t know about. Enjoy the remaining days of summer and we all look forward to our next events in September!