Thanks so much to Shawn and Stewart for hosting an informative Roundtable and providing some nice "relaxing swag". It was great to hear more about Kistler Tiffany Benefits and how they are leading the way with such innovative programs through their collective experiences and their strategic C2 partnerships.
What came out in the discussions regarding stress were some common ways to deal with what you all experience in your work and in your personal lives. Some common ways to alleviate these stressors include exercise, music, meditating, alcohol, and other hobbies.
Here are some other good ideas for dealing with the inevitable:
- Brain dump - write down every word in your head for two minutes and try to clear your mind.
- Make sure your team is the right one and then have more trust in them to handle some of the issues you shouldn’t be dealing with; STOP micromanaging.
- Find someone to be your listening partner and then call them.
- Identify your most productive time of day and use that to your advantage.
- Have a willingness to let go….
Here is a list of books we talked about regarding these topics:
Power of Positive Thinking by Dr. Norman Vincent Peale
How Not to Worry by McGee Paul
The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
Some things to maybe make you chuckle or think:
"You know you’re really stressed when you get on your own nerves"
" S.T.R.E.S.S - Someone Trying to Repair Every Situation Solo"
"Saying yes to happiness means learning to say no to the things and people that stress you out."
"I’ve learned to use meditation and relaxation to handle stress… just kidding. I’m on my third glass of wine!"
Have a fantastic week!